If you're a fan of Boston Burger Company, you already know we take what ordinary people do and make it bigger. Bigger, better, and tastier. Have you SEEN our burgers? They're large.
Last year we took it upon ourselves to increase the size of something else. No, no, get your head out of the gutter. We're talking about milkshakes. Frappes if you're in New England -- get it right before you order one. Whether you're vanilla or you're chocolate, or somewhere in the twisted middle, we have a frappe for you.
And while we have our core list of frappes at all three restaurants, we also have a rotating monthly special that'll make your eyes bug out. You'll stare at it in disbelief. You'll drool a little. Then you'll hop on the T and make your way over because there's just no way you're not tasting this.
Our March special is what we consider a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. With a hell of a lot more green than that meteorological phenomenon people seem to lose their shit over. Get your tastebuds ready, because we're about to Shamrock Your World.
- 8 oz. vanilla ice cream
- 6 oz. whole milk
- 5 peppermint patties
- mint-flavored vodka, if you like to get weird
- chocolate syrup
- green food coloring
- green frosting (or use vanilla with 2 drops of green food coloring mixed in)
- Lucky Charms cereal
- green sugar/sprinkles
- a slice of Irish Cream Mousse Cake
- Whipped cream
- Coat top two inches of a pint glass with green frosting. Don't be afraid to lay it on thick. Pour some Lucky Charms onto a flat plate then roll frosted rim around to coat with cereal. Add pieces by hand if necessary. Layer it up!!
- In a blender, whip ice cream, milk, peppermint patties, 2 drops of green food coloring, and booze if you decided to get weird. Blend for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Drizzle inside of pint glass with chocolate syrup. Pour frappe in glass, leaving about 1/4 inch unfilled. Fill remainder with whipped cream.
- Place a slice of Irish Cream Mousse Cake. Add more whipped cream because why not. Sprinkle with sugar and drizzle with more chocolate syrup. Slurp, slurp, ENJOY!!!
Hint hint: St. Paddy's Day is on Friday. We party hard in Boston. You can drink your green beer, or you can drink this. Or both... See ya at the BBC.