Look at this bad boy we just cooked up in the #BBCBurgerLab. Two breaded chicken cutlets dripping with globs of fresh mozz and a marinara sauce so good, we just can't keep it a secret.
Inspired by our annual trip to Italy and week-long binge on authentic local fare, we came to the conclusion about why this stuff is so good. Each meal was concocted with the freshest and most high-quality ingredients that made us want to never stop eating. (And we didn't.)
We returned to Boston with a mission: to revamp and kill the chicken parm game with a brand new sauce. After some trial and error and A LOT of tasting (we didn't hate it), we created the best Italian-grandma-approved marinara sauce your lips will ever touch and now, you can too. With just a few ingredients from your grocery store and garden you can join us in salivating over this recipe.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Don't skimp on the EVOO. Our friend Piero from I Tre Tari recommends this:
- Fresh garlic: Because what is marinara sauce without it?
- Diced onions: We prefer yellow, but white will do.
- Plenty of salt & freshly ground pepper
- White wine: Anything in your cabinet.
- San Marzano tomatoes: The most popular plum tomato from Italy. Find them in every top chef's kitchen.
- Fresh Basil from your garden. Snip those good green leaves.
Now...Put that sh*t on everything...like we did on our Marco Pollo, a new special coming to the food truck. Be ready.